Apple iPhone iOS 12 offers the ability to share photos and videos with an iCloud link temporarily. Follow how to use this new convenient feature. How to share photos or videos with iCloud Temporary iPhone Link Running iOS 12. Especially when you want to share more than just a few photos or videos, using email or iMessage is not the most practical choice. iOS 12 offers a quick and easy option to select content and share it via an iCloud link for a month.
Conveniently, those you share do not even need an Apple device, an iCloud account, or a password to view shared content.
How to Share iCloud Expire Links on iPhone and iPad
Time needed: 10 minutes.
iOS 12 has ease sending specific images. It’s simpler and faster than the traditional method. More importantly, it allows you to share shots even with those who do not use Apple devices.
The link is valid for 30 days after it has expired automatically. But you can end your life before the deadline.
To get started, make sure you have enabled iCloud Photos on your iOS device. Just go to Settings → Apple ID Banner → iCloud → Photos → and then turn on the switch next to Photos iCloud.
- Open Photos application
Launch Photos application on your iOS device.
- Select the Photos
Now, select the photos you want to send, then press the button Share.
- Copy the Link
Then select Copy the link to the share sheet.
- Wait for a few seconds
Now, wait for the link to be created. The time required depends on the size of the file.
- Share it with your favorite platform
Once the link is copied successfully to the clipboard, you can share it with your favorite platform, just like any other link. For example, you can open the Messages application and paste the link into the text field. Then send it as usual.
Receive shared photos
- On an Android device or iOS devices that do not run iOS 12 and a computer
- By tapping/clicking on the link, your friends will be directed to icloud.com, where all your uploaded images will appear. There will also be an option to download the photos.
- Besides, they can choose to select or deselect images before pressing the download button.
On iOS devices running iOS 12 devices
When your friend taps on the link, will he/she get a pop-up window saying “Open”? “Your Name” shared this. You will join your friend’s name. He must press Open. Now the images will open in the “For You” section of the Photos application. There will be an option called “Add All” to add photos to the library.
To add a single photo to the library, tap the one you like, then tap the “Add to Library” button.
How to copy the shared photos link
Later, if you want to share the same photos with other friends, you no longer need to go through the entire process for up to thirty days from the link creation date.
- Open the Photos app on your iOS device → For you → Recently Shared section.
- Tap a group of photos in the iOS app 12 Photos
- Next, press the menu button at the top right and select Copy Link.
Now you can share the link via your favorite medium.
iOS 12 lets you stop sharing photos before the link expires.
How to prevent your friend from seeing shared photos
- Open the Photos application → For you tab → recently shared section, → select the group of photos.
Go to the Recently Shared section in the iOS 12 Photos app
- Press the menu button at the top right and select Stop sharing.
Stop showing shared photos in the iOS Photos App 12