A week after the release of iOS 14 Public Beta 5, Apple released iOS 14 Public Beta 6 for iPhone and iPad testers.
iOS 14 public beta 6
Testers can install the update by going to Settings> General> Software Update. Here are some new features:
- Home screen for Apple Maps plus new rating system
- A Spatial Audio toggle in Settings> Accessibility> AirPods that will also appear in Control Center and the Bluetooth menu
- Encrypted APFS volumes appear in the Files sidebar
- An indicator now appears for “Phone” when it uses the microphone as a privacy feature iOS 14
- An airplane mode indicator in the control center reflects the airplane mode status in the settings
Unusually, I see the beta available right now at 11:45 a.m.ET. Apple typically releases beta versions around 1 p.m. ET.