macOS Big Sur and iOS 14 have an automatic switching feature for AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPod Max, and as it happens, it’s enabled by default. If you find this to be a hassle for your workflow, follow how to turn off automatic switching of AirPods on Mac.
We’ve covered how to turn off automatic AirPods switching on iPhone and iPad, and the process is pretty much the same for Mac.
Especially if you work / use several Apple devices on your desk and have a habit of using a specific one with your AirPods, you will probably have a better experience if you turn off the automatic changing of the AirPods. This is probably more than ever with many people working from home.
How to turn off automatic turning on of AirPods on Mac
- On your Mac, go to Bluetooth in System Preferences (or from the menu bar)
- Connect your AirPods
- Click Options next to AirPods in the Bluetooth settings
- Under Connect to this Mac, click the drop-down menu and select Last connected to this Mac
- Click Finish
You can now manually connect to your Mac when you want to use AirPods. Also, you can use an app like AirBuddy for a better experience of connecting (1-click pairing) and managing AirPods with your Mac.
Here’s what the process looks like on Mac:
Don’t forget to do the same on iPhone and iPad if you want total manual control of the AirPods connection to your devices.
Read more tutorials on 9to5Mac:
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links to earn income. More.
- According to this source Mac: how to turn off automatic switching with AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Check the more updates related to Apple Tips and Apple news now.
I hope you love this news please Share your love by following us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest apple news information and updates like Mac: how to turn off automatic switching with AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
from our channels.