Zoom in / The iPad Air 2020, one of several devices supported by today’s new software releases.
Today, Apple began rolling out iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 to supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices. The company also ported watchOS 7.3 to Apple Watch and tvOS 14.4 to Apple TV.
iOS 14.4 / iPadOS 14.4 is a rather small feature update. New additions in the release notes include the ability to read smaller QR codes with iPhone cameras, notifications to tell users “when your iPhone’s camera cannot be verified as a new original Apple camera” and a series of bug fixes.
Here are Apple’s full iOS 14.4 release notes:
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Smaller QR codes can be recognized by the camera
- Option to classify the type of Bluetooth device in Settings for proper identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Notifications for when your iPhone camera cannot be verified as a new original Apple camera on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Artifacts may appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
- The Fitness widget may not display updated activity data
- Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear on the keyboard
- The keyboard may not appear in the correct language in Messages
- Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for voice prompts or Siri
- Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent you from answering phone calls from the lock screen
In addition to the features listed in the release notes for iOS 14.4, some users and developers say they have found other changes. Second MacRumors, one of them is Find My Items, which allows third parties to use Apple’s Find My APIs for their own devices. There is also a handoff update with HomePod mini, whereby the iPhone now uses its U1 ultra-wideband chip to detect proximity to the HomePod mini to allow for a better experience.
As noted, Apple also introduces new updates for watchOS and tvOS. The tvOS update consists solely of bug fixes and optimizations, and Apple hasn’t provided detailed release notes. This isn’t uncommon with tvOS updates, which tend to get a big push with each major annual release, but relatively little in between.
However, Apple has provided release notes for watchOS 7.3. Are the following:
watchOS 7.3 includes new features, improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Unity Dial: Inspired by the colors of the Pan-African flag, shapes change throughout the day as you move, creating a unique face for you
- Time to walk for Apple Fitness + subscribers – an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines and Thailand
- Irregular heart rhythm notifications in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand
- Fixed an issue where Control Center and Action Center could become unresponsive when Zoom is enabled
Apple announced the Time to Walk feature earlier this week. This Fitness + feature guides users through walking workouts as they listen to talks from celebrities such as Dolly Parton and Draymond Green.
The release of the Unity watch face coincides with the start of Black History Month (February). Today, Apple also announced a number of other events related to Black History Month initiatives, including a special design for the Apple Watch, new editorial collections on various content services, and more.
All of these software updates are expected to be rolled out to users of supported devices globally today.
- According to this source iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 are available today on supported devices
- Check the more updates related to Apple Tips and Apple news now.
I hope you love this news please Share your love by following us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest apple news information and updates like iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 are available today on supported devices
from our channels.