The Mac has a mode that Apple calls “macOS Recovery” that you can use when you need performance maintenance on your Mac. Apple has support documents describing macOS Recovery for Intel-based Macs and for Apple Silicone Macs.
The way to start recovery on an Intel Mac is to hold down Command-R on the keyboard while the Mac boots. It’s different on Apple silicone Macs. Here’s how it’s done.
1. Turn off your Mac. When you turn it on, press the power button and hold the button down while your Mac starts up.
2. The screen will show icons for bootable storage devices connected to your Mac, plus an Options icon. Select Options and click Continue. This puts the Mac in recovery mode.
3. You may need to enter a password for an administrator account on the Mac.
Then you will go to the recovery screen, where you can choose from a selection of apps and perform certain maintenance operations …Read the full story
- According to this source How to boot an Apple silicon Mac in recovery mode
- Check the more updates related to Apple Tips and Apple news now.
from our channels.