Well here’s a What’s Cookin ‘blast? past. Mary Higginbotham, one of the original What’s Cookin ‘? Contributors, is back! Temporarily, but it’s back. Today she replaces Kelly Bland, also from the UK cooperative extension office, and brings with her an easy and delicious recipe of Mac & Cheese. Literally. This affordable and family-friendly dish is called Easy Peasy Mac and Cheesy. Here’s how to prepare it.
EASY PEASY MAC AND CHEESY
(16 ounces) box of wholemeal shells or macaroni pasta
1 (12 ounces) can fat-free evaporated milk
1 pack of sweet or spicy grated cheese
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 (5 ounces) can tuna packaged in water, drained
1 (14 oz.) Can low-sodium peas, drained
1. Cook the pasta and drain it. Reserve 1/2 cup of water for the pasta in case the cheese sauce becomes too thick.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the milk, but do not bring to a boil.
3. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and the milk has thickened.
4. Add the garlic powder, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Add the drained tuna, peas and macaroni. Mix well and serve.
And, as always, UK Cooperative Extension’s shared recipes are designed to feed entire families and save them money in the process.
This recipe makes six servings and each serving is one cup.The cost of the entire meal is estimated at $ 6.41, which comes down to $ 1.07 per serving. Easy, fun, cheesy, delicious and cheap!
CONTINUE READING: recipes with 3 ingredients that you can prepare right away
- According to this source Easy Peasy Mac and Cheesy [Recipe]
- Check the more updates related to Apple Tips and Apple news now.
from our channels.