Holidays are over. Winter has really come. And when the days of endless cold and gray have arrived, this is the dish we prepare to bring warmth and comfort: mac’n cheese. But this is Booze Bites, so you know we had to step it up.
In this series, journalist Felicia LaLomia shows you how to cook with alcohol. And, of course, he will experience a lot along the way.
The basis of this recipe is the delicious beer cheese made with North Fork Brewing Company’s Dark side of maple. The porter gives a delicious, deep flavor to the cheese sauce, then the dish is seasoned with bacon and more cheese. Is there a better combination out there?
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 and a half cups of milk
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice, raw for 2 minutes
- 1 cup of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, beat the flour. Cook for two to three minutes until the flour takes on a light golden color. Slowly add the milk and then the beer. Add the cheese and cook for 10 minutes until it has thickened. Incorporate the spices and remove from heat.
- Mix the cheese sauce with the prepared pasta in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with the parmesan, bacon and breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes and then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- According to this source Creamy mac and cheese with the dark side of maple from North Fork Brewing Company
- Check the more updates related to Apple Tips and Apple news now.
I hope you love this news please Share your love by following us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest apple news informationon and updates like Creamy mac and cheese with the dark side of maple from North Fork Brewing Company
from our channels.