Apple Joins Forces With Indian NGO To Protect Mangrove Human Ecosystem

Apple has provided unprecedented funding to a conservation NGO that will help it work with local residents in the mangrove forest of Raigad. Apple said on Thursday that it had partnered with the Applied Environmental Research Foundation (AERF), a Pune-based non-governmental organization (NGO), to protect the 2,400-hectare mangrove area in Maharashtra’s Raigad area. The organization has donated an undisclosed donation to a conservation NGO, which will assist the latter in its work with local residents in the mangrove forest area.

Through this project, AERF will sign conservation agreements with community members, and provide support to help protect the ecosystem. It will also partner with Conservation International to ensure the climate benefits of the mangrove forest, and harvest carbon benefits within the region.

The initiative is part of Apple’s $ 200 million recovery fund announced in April 2021. The fund will make investments in forestry projects around the world, including a’s million 1 million tonne extraction facility. carbon dioxide from the surface. The’s’s part is part of the company’s overall mandate to reach 100% carbon neutral by 2030. Within this’s release, Apple said last year that 75% of carbon emissions would be ‘directly’ eliminated from the supply chain. your, while the remaining 25% will be calculated by Restitution.

During the launch, Apple also announced that its production partners, including those assembling its iPhones in India, have already agreed to net carbon offsets by 2030. Archana Godbole, AERF director, said the initiative will help volunteers of the organization. and local communities understand the importance of ‘blue carbon’. The latter refers to carbon that is absorbed by the Earth’s oceans and coastal ecosystems.

Lisa Jackson, vice chair of community, policy and social initiatives at Apple, also said that rehabilitation and project will also help local coastal communities benefit economically from the mangrove human ecosystem, along with enhancing the benefits of collecting carbon inside this mangrove belt. . Govt launches ‘Vision 2047’ to put India on development. Photo file of a Mercedes Benz exhibition room. The luxury car manufacturer finds surgery in demand for its great luxury and maintenance work.

Call to splurge: Luxury car customers become young in India. As part of its efforts, the grant will also be used by AERF to restore 50 hectares of damaged mangrove forest. Portable ovens will also be distributed among local communities to avoid cutting down mangrove trees while searching for firewood.

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a Reply

      AppleiPhonestop - Apple iPhone News and Rumours All Day
      Logo
      Enable registration in settings - general
      Compare items
      • Laptops (0)
      Compare
      0