How to get Google Maps to CarPlay In iOS 12: Apple officially adds application support Third-party navigation to CarPlay in iOS 12. For many Apple users, it was an announcement both exciting and underrated WWDC-18.
Earlier today, we reported that Waze had begun testing the integration of CarPlay into beta. Now someone has released screenshots of the Google Maps app in beta, which incorporates the integration of CarPlay (a new feature available in iOS 12).
Third-party iOS 12 navigation applications use an application-rendered base layer, which is superimposed on standard CarPlay commands. You can see how it works in the screenshots below.
As shown in these screenshots, the Google Maps app icon takes the navigation location in the sidebar, which up to iOS 12 can only be occupied by the Apple Maps app.
The arrow and map tiles are rendered by Google, using the Google brand and visual design language. Obviously, the underlying data source is also Google’s. You can see the map in the map and satellite modes. There is a D-Pad control to manually move the map and a microphone button to perform a voice search.
Hyundai’s new i30 N Line is already compatible with CarPlay.
The application uses standard commands from the CarPlay toolbar to add destinations or access a settings screen. The settings screen is a full-screen pane that once again features a familiar action grid layout, such as flip-flops to avoid highways and tolls. Adding a destination includes actions for recent searches, important places like home and work, and POIs like gas stations.Although Apple’s Maps is far from being a less polished navigation map, there are still many people who just like Google Maps or Waze better. It’s also somewhat surprising, since Google Maps and Waze are both direct competitors of Apple Maps.
It’s very easy to activate third-party mapping services in CarPlay on iOS 12 – as long as you drive a CarPlay compatible car or a CarPlay equipped vehicle as one of these new vehicles.
Still, it’s a welcome change. Here’s how to take advantage of it: Got a CarPlay-capable vehicle? Here’s what to do:
New Trick: How to add Google Maps to CarPlay – Steps
- Sit in your car and open Settings on your iPhone, go to General> CarPlay
- You should see your vehicle (and the devices supporting CarPlay) appear in the list – you may need to press the voice control button on your steering wheel or the appropriate control of your after-sales device.
- Select the one you want to use
- Look at your iPhone, you should now see the CarPlay interface on your screen. You will see the applications installed in the dark section at the top with the applications uninstalled in the blank space below.
- Assuming you are using iOS 12 and the latest version of the mapping application you want to use, you should see icons for these applications. Simply press the plus button to add them to your CarPlay setup.
And now, you can use Google Maps in your CarPlay car so that the advertising giant can continue to absorb all your personal data to expand its business – or stay true to Apple Maps, which (I think) is improving dramatically . .
Check Video: Google Maps to CarPlay
Old Trick: How to add Google Maps to CarPlay
To use Google Maps, Waze or other third-party navigation apps on your CarPlay interface, you’ll need iOS 12.
For most people, it means waiting until Apple officially releases it in the fall.
Although you can install and use an iOS 12 developer or a public beta, we do not recommend doing so on your main device, of course, if you read this after the launch of iOS 12 (or you will download the beta anyway), then you can continue.
How to add Google Maps, Waze to CarPlay
Typically, CarPlay compatible applications will automatically display on your CarPlay interface.
You just need the compatible application installed on your connected iPhone (although not all applications are compatible).
Steps: To add Waze and Google Maps to CarPlay
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Then, tap on CarPlay.
- Select the vehicle you’d like to sync the apps to. The vehicle name varies by make and model.
- At this point, you’ll see a layout of the CarPlay interface on your iPhone. You should also see compatible apps below this mock interface.
- Simply tap the plus (+) button on the Waze or Google Maps icons, or any other icons, to add them to the CarPlay interface.
Hope you like the article “How to add Google Maps to CarPlay In iOS 12“. Still have problem then please ask via comment
Note: Please use new trick first if thats not work then try old trick if both tricks not work then your vehicle still not