e of the main highlights of the 2018 iPhes is the dual-SIM support. This lg-awaited feature means a lot to users who want more flexibility in the choice or switching of operators. If there was no resistance from the operators, Apple would have introduced the digital SIM card the iPhe much soer. In any case, better late than never! Let’s see how to use the dual SIM card iPhe Xs or Xs Max.
As mentied above, the dual SIM card offers several advantages. For example, you can keep e number for your business and another for persal calls. Even if you do not run a business, you want the privilege of two phe numbers.
When traveling abroad, you can easily add a local data plan to save a lot of mey. Better yet, it gives you the freedom to get separate voice and data packages for a more streamlined experience.
Before diving into the process of cfiguring Dual SIM iPhes 2018, I would like to talk about eSIM briefly.
“E” means an integrated SIM card. Unlike the physical SIM card, eSIM is integrated into the device. It’s a tiny chip that allows you to verify your identity with an operator.
eSIM was already available the latest iPad and Apple Watch. Now, the technology giant has decided to bring it also iPhes.
- ce you enable eSIM, your iPhe will ly be able to use e cellular data network at a time.
- Do not forget that if e of your numbers is busy, incoming calls the other number will automatically be sent to voicemail. This will ly happen if you have enabled it for your operator.
- Apple will add dual SIM support for compatible iPhes later this year through the iOS 12 software update.
- You will ly be able to use two different operators your unlocked iPhe.
- To date, Apple’s eSIM is supported ly in 10 countries, including Austria, Canada, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, India, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Outraged; operators must offer compatibility with the digital SIM card. At present, ly AT & T, T-Mobile and Veriz support it in the United States.
- For China and Hg Kg, Apple will launch a special versi of the iPhe Xs and Xs Max to allow users to insert two physical SIM cards.
How to use Dual SIM iPhe Xs and iPhe Xs Max How to cfigure Cellular Plan with eSIM iPhe Xs or Xs Max
Going into a cellular plan using eSIM is simple because it ly has a few steps.
In some cases, you will receive cfirmati from the carrier. Enter it to enable eSIM your iPhe Xs.
- There is also an opti to manually enter your plan informati. To do this, press
Enter details manuallybasically. Then follow the instructis to complete the process.
- To activate your cellular plan with an operator applicati, download its applicati the App Store first. Then choose a preferred cellular plan of the applicati.
How to change eSIM iPhe Xs and Xs Max
Although you are allowed to store multiple eSim in your iPhe, you will ly be able to use e at a time.
ce your secd plan comes into effect, you can label the plans according to your needs. For example, you will be able to label a Business Plan and the other Persal Plan. Ctinue reading …
How to label your cellular plans
You can select the phe number to use to make or receive calls and messages. In additi, there is also an opti to specify a number for cellular data and even assign a number to your ctacts.
Another notable thing is the ability to set your default number and choose the number to use ly for cellular data.
Apple gives you the freedom to manage the cellular parameters of each of your plans.
How to make your iPhe remember the number to use for calls
For a more simplified experience, the iPhe automatically uses the same number you used last time. However, you have the opti to set the number to use for your calls with a ctact.
How to change your phe number for a call
You can change the phe numbers before making a call.
Depending your needs, you can choose the phe line using iMessage.
How to choose the phe line using iMessage and FaceTime How to change your phe number before sending an SMS / MMS
To make sure that you can send SMS using the preferred phe number, iOS allows you to edit it before pressing the send butt.
How to change the cell number
At the same time, e number will use the cellular data. However, you can change this opti to suit your needs.