The great thing about Apple Pay is that it is classic “Apple”. Simple and elegant, it combines the technology you already have (an iPhone or iPad with Touch ID or Face ID, or an Apple watch) with a e-step payment process, all wrapped in watertight security that is more secure than traditial Chip and PIN.
Ctents: How to use Apple Pay
what is Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a ctactless payment technology for Apple devices. It is designed to take csumers away from physical wallets and to a world where your bank cards and credit cards are your iPhone or Apple Watch so that you can pay with your device instead of a card.
How does Apple Pay work?
Simply place the top of your iPhone screen near an NFC card terminal and place your finger your phe’s Touch ID sensor. If you use an iPhone X, iPhone XS or other devices with Face ID, take a look at your phe.
But first, you have to set up Apple Pay, which is a fairly simple process. Here are the steps you must follow to activate this simple payment method.
Supported Apple Pay devices
Apple Pay is supported most devices – iPhone models from the iPhone SE to the current iPhone 11 are supported and all Apple watches support Apple Pay. All recent iPads, from the current generati to the fifth-generati iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3 and 4, and the iPad Air 2 all work with Apple Pay. As for Macs, if your computer can run macOS Sierra or newer, you are ready to go.
Banks that support Apple Pay
Apple Pay is supported by most financial institutis and credit card companies in the United States. Apple offers an up-to-date list of all financial institutis that accept Apple Pay.
Stores, websites and applicatis that support Apple Pay
Apple Pay is supported by hundreds of brands and websites, including 7-Eleven, GameStop, Etsy, Staples, Fandango and more. You can find the current list of supported retailers here, or visit our extensive list of companies that accept Apple Pay here. You can also use Apple Pay with many third-party applicatis. You can view some of these applicatis here. If you buy apps or other digital items from Apple, you can of course still use Apple Pay to purchase music, movies, apps, books and more.
Is there a limit for Apple Pay?
No. Unlike ctactless card payments, which limit you to £ 30 spending, there is no limit for Apple Pay.
That means you can pay for your weekly store or refuel your car, all with your iPhone or Apple Watch.
How to set up Apple Pay
You can add up to eight Apple Pay cards your various supported devices. If you want to use Apple Pay with multiple devices, you must add your card information for each device separately.
How to add maps to the iPhone and iPad
- Open the Wallet app your iPhone. Go to Settings> Wallet and Apple Pay your iPad. Tap the plus sign and then Ctinue to add your credit or debit card to Apple Pay. Add a credit or debit card.
- Place the card in the frame to add the card. The applicati automatically scans the frt of your card for your number and saves it the Card Details page. Tap Next.
- Use the scroll wheel to save the expirati date of your card and type the security code.
- Tap Next.
- The Add Card screen is displayed when Apple Pay ctacts your bank to verify your card. When this is de, you will receive a page with General Terms and Cditis that you must agree to.
- The Add Card page and the Card Verificati page appear e after the other with your e-mail address and telephe number.
- You have the choice to verify your card by telephe or to complete the verificati later.
- You may be asked to ctact your bank to complete the verificati process. When verificati is complete, press Next and you can use Apple Pay.
- A series of instructis appears to explain how to use Apple Pay with card readers. Press Ctinue.
- You can ctinue to add your card to your Apple Watch by pressing Add Now. If you do not want to add an Apple Watch, tap De.
Set up Apple Pay an iPhone or iPad
You must use the Apple Wallet applicati to set up Apple Pay your iPhone or iPad. The Apple Wallet then stores your credit card and debit card and retrieves data when you authenticate Apple Pay to pay for goods.
Open the Wallet app your iPhone. Go to Settings> Wallet and Apple Pay your iPad. Tap Add a credit or debit card. You can use the camera of your device to store information about your credit card, debit card or card. Then enter the additial information if necessary.
Your bank will verify your information. You may need to provide additial verificati, which may require you to call your bank or receive a text message with a unique code that you must enter. The process varies depending the bank.
After your card has been verified, press Next and you can start using Apple Pay.
How to set up Apple Pay Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay Apple Watch, you must first open the Watch applicati your iPhone. Make sure you are the My Watch tab (bottom left)> scroll down to Wallet and Apple Pay> tap Add Card.
Just like the iPhone, your bank will verify your information. You may need to provide additial verificati again. You will receive a notificati your Apple Watch that your card is ready for Apple Pay.
How do I use Apple Pay the iPhone?
Apple Pay requires NFC (Near Field Communicati) and Touch ID or Face ID iPhone 6 and higher. This depends the iPhone you need to start Apple Pay. Every transacti must be authorized by Touch ID, Face ID or your access code.
For iPhones with Touch ID, press the Touch ID start butt twice and hold your finger it until your screen says “Hold Near Reader.” If your fingerprint is not recognized, you can choose the “Pay with access code” opti.
For iPhones with Face ID, press the sleep/wake butt the right side of your iPhone twice to start Apple Pay. Authorizati takes place via Face ID, or you can choose the opti “Pay with PIN” if your face is not recognized. ce the authorizati has been granted, the display will again show “Keep the reader closed”.
As so as your iPhone says “Hold Near Reader”, place your iPhone near a ctactless terminal and a subtle vibrati cfirms the payment. A receipt is stored in the Wallet applicati so that you can see your latest transactis. It is not necessary to open an applicati or activate your iPhone screen to launch Apple Pay, regardless of the model of your iPhone.
How to use Apple Pay with Watch
To start Apple Pay your Apple Watch, double-click the butt under the Digital Crown. Your standard payment card will appear your Apple Watch screen with the words “Hold Near Reader to Pay” below, after which you can place your watch at the payment terminal and cfirm a pulse and beep that your payment has been made.
As you scroll from right to left your Apple Watch screen, you’ll see all the other cards you’ve registered.
How to use Apple Pay in apps
Apple Pay is accepting a growing number of applicatis. You know whether you can use the service when you see the butt during payment, or whether Apple Pay is e of the optial payment methods.
- To use your standard card, double-click the side butt and hold your Apple Watch display within centimeters of the ctactless reader.
- Wait until you feel a light tap.
Pay with a different card instead of your standard card
This is how you can exchange cards:
- iPhone X or newer: double-click the side butt. When your default card appears, tap it and then tap to choose another card. Look at your iPhone to verify with Face ID and then hold the top of your device with the reader to pay.
- iPhone 8 or lower: hold your device at the reader without touching the Touch ID. When your standard card appears, touch it and touch to choose another card. Place your finger Touch ID to pay.
- Apple Watch: double click the side butt. When your standard card appears, drag left or right to choose another card. Keep your watch with the reader to pay.