As we reported earlier this afterno, Apple today pushed an update for its disctinued AirPort Express. Within the update, it included support for AirPlay 2, which lets you create multi-room audio system.
AirPort Express is a router first, but what many people do not know the device purely to add AirPlay capabilities to an existing speaker. In this situati, the AirPort Express join your existing Wi-Fi network as opposed to creating a new network or extending your current network using the AirPort Express.
Follow alg to learn how ….
How to use AirPort Express for AirPlay 2 with existing router
- Plug the AirPort Express into the wall and wait until it boots up.
- Go into your Wi-Fi settings your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and join the new AirPort network.
- Click the Other Optis butt.
- Select "Add to an existing network."
- Choose your existing Wi-Fi network name from the list. Enter the password.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
Check out 9to5Mac YouTube for more Apple news: