Apple has released Safari 12 for macOS Sierra and Sierra Mday. It adds several new features, including more advanced password management, web ics in tabs, enhances security and increases Apple's battle against cross-site ad guidance.
Apple's security patch notes for Safari 12 also specify three exploits patched in the update.
Release informati for Safari 12
The Safari 12 update is for all MacOS High Sierra users and includes improvements in privacy, compatibility and security. This update:
- Adds the possibility to view website ics in tabs
- Automatically suggests and fills a strg, unique password when creating an account or changing a password
- Flags reuse passwords in Safari preferences
- Adds support for allowing or blocking pop-ups specific websites
- Prevents embedded ctent and social media butts from tracking browsers different sites without permissi
- Suppress retargeting of ads by reducing the ability of advertisers to uniquely identify Mac devices
- Automatically disables Safari extensis that negatively affect browsing performance
- Enhances security by supporting ly older Safari extensis that have been reviewed by Apple
- Improves security by ending support for most NPAPI plugins
You can download Safari 12 from Updates in the Mac App Store.