CarPlay is Apple’s feature that brings communication and entertainment features to your car’s built-in screen using iPhone apps. The feature appears on many aftermarket screens and new cars that you can buy today.
As CarPlay support appears more and more from manufacturers, we also see more developers enabling CarPlay capabilities in their own applications. Once you’ve installed these apps on your iPhone, they appear on your CarPlay-compatible screen when you connect your iPhone. for the growing list of iPhone applications that support CarPlay.
Updated January 1, 2020 with dozens of additional CarPlay apps.
- Phone (Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keyboard, Voicemail)
- The music (Apple Music, including Beats 1)
- maps (Search, POI, navigation, proximity, route guidance, ETA sharing)
- posts (Create, respond on Siri)
- Reading in progress (This will display the audio content of any similar iPhone application to the iOS control center)
- podcasts (Also works with Siri)
- Books (Since iOS 8.4 to read audio books)
- Calendar (From iOS 13 to display current and upcoming events, including addresses)
- settings (Since iOS 13 to control Do not disturb while driving, light and dark mode and Siri suggestions)
- Dashboard (A new addition to the home screen from iOS 13, includes thumbnails for navigation, favorite locations, audio playback, Siri suggestions, and calendar events)
Stay tuned for more CarPlay apps as they will be updated in the future!
FTC: We use self-generating affiliate links. More.